Famous Mr. Feynman: How to Translate a Genius (Part 2)
Speaker: Mykola Klymchuk, an English translator, ex-chief editor of Nash Format publisher
Mykola Klymchuk spoke about the Ukrainian translation of Feynman’s book and the translation method he used:
- How to get on point if you are a ‘lyricist’, not a physicist?
- What to look for in the original text?
- What is a book’s tonality and how can it be identified?
- How to enrich the text with allusions?
- What can a translator do for the book in addition to translation?
- And many other questions if time allows.