UTICamp-2021, a contemporary, technology-savvy, dynamic international conference held in a forest reserve in complete harmony with nature, is going to take part on July 19-25, 2021, near Dnipro, Ukraine. We invite you to join us next summer to discuss trending industry topics and reflect on how to improve ourselves, to share experiences, meet new people and hug old friends. And, of course, to relax, be inspired by the power of nature, and recharge your batteries!
Do you have an important topic, unique know-how or a case study you wish to share with the audience or your colleagues? We want you in the conversation. Join us!
Call for Proposals
The application deadline is 15 March 2021.
Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the decision by 15 April 2021.
Approved speakers should submit preliminary presentation materials by those, 15 May 2021.
Final presentation materials should be submitted by 01 July 2021.
We would like to thank our Program Committee for their efforts in developing the incredible program for UTICamp-2021.
If you have any further questions, please write to us at email@example.com. We’d be happy to hear from you!
Ссылка на форму регистрации: https://utic.eu/uticamp-2021-presentation-submission-form?
UTICamp-2021 theme is Transformations and Changes
2020 has been a year that no one anticipated. Without warning, our homes suddenly became our offices and we had to quickly adapt to new ways of doing business. Those experiences have made us stronger. We would like to invite industry leaders to share how they cope with the constant change and what their recipes are for success and growth.
We welcome presentations and case studies on the following topics:
1. Strategies to Grow and Expand Your Business
- Sales and marketing
- International business development
- Remote selling
- Working with remote teams
- Work and business reorganisation
- The industry’s development options
2. Leading change
- Adapting your offering and business communication for other markets
- Restructuring and reorienting your business to survive and thrive
- Adapting to new trends and technologies
- Developing talent
- Gaining new skills and knowledgeBalancing work and life
- Building and promoting a personal brand
- Creating a safe and balanced work environment
- Maintaining peace of mind
- Development motivation
- Leadership in a time of change
Tracks are designed to be inclusive and cross-functional. Please keep in mind our diverse audience which includes translation, localization, and interpreting professionals serving in a variety of roles and organizations.
• The tracks Art of Translation and Interpreting are for interpreters, freelance, in-house translators, editors and proofreaders. Here we will discuss translation and interpretation, as well as terminology and editing issues, communication with the clients, professional standards and marketing tips. Generally, some of the most popular topics in this track include advertising your services, searching for customers and professional growth.
At UTICamp-2021 we are going to have a Game Localization Session and an Audiovisual Translation Session that are both included in the Art of Translation Track. So if you have any ideas to share, please feel free to apply!
• The Business and Technology track is for translation companies, representatives of which will discuss pressing issues around company management, automation and sales, and review case studies. The topics also focus on the technology side of our industry: the latest developments in translation automation, order management systems and technical equipment.
• And if you want to share your expertise and speak about the things that help you grow both professionally and personally, the Forest Mix section is exactly what you need! Freelance and motherhood, time management, living a happy, full life and many other equally interesting and useful presentations will be welcomed with gratitude here.
- The presentation addresses the conference theme in a clear manner (new trends, services and business models)
- The presentation doesn’t repeat presentations from other industry conferences
- Speaker's credentials and subject matter expertise matters.
- The presentation contains fresh and useful information for an experienced audience
- The presentation is not commercial or promotional
- Challenging, growth-oriented topics presented at an advanced level
- We are ready to become a platform for any creative experiment in your presentation!
Terabytes of content have been prepared for the conference over the past few years, and it would take months to watch all the presentations back-to-back. The limits of our capacity to take in new presentations, round tables and panel discussions were exceeded long ago. For this reason, we are proposing to hold the meeting in a new format, in which each presentation will contain practical information on specific issues and everyone will be able to participate in the discussion.
UTICamp-2021 is a unique opportunity to listen to each other, to talk about what is effective and what is a waste of effort, to define the best path for you, to work together to solve problems, and to understand that you are not alone, no matter how isolated you feel.
Campfire Sessions: Your presentation will last 15—20 minutes followed by an interactive session in which you will moderate a discussion with the audience (up to 40 minutes in total)
Birds of a Feather: A short speech/presentation in a moderated topic/interest group (10 minutes)
No Sleep Stories / Failure Session: Share your professional stories about when you wanted to improve or do something but it all went wrong. Tell us about your actions and the lessons you have learned (15 minutes)
Meteor Shower: UTICamp is a place where the stars are clearly visible even without a telescope, yet we want to take a closer look at some of them. Share your star stories! Even if you do not think you are a star, remember that each story is unique and must be heard. Your story may inspire someone by giving them new dreams and ideas (20 minutes)
Follow the White Rabbit: Tell us in detail about a new translation, business, sales, technology trends, solutions and strategies - things that you know really well (40 minutes)
Translator’s Backpack: Share a summary of a topic that will be useful for budding industry professionals or for those looking to embrace new skills and services. Your presentation should contain practical information and details of how and where to learn more (20 minutes)
Melting pot: Many participants attend UTICamp with their families, giving them a unique opportunity to learn about the inner workings of the translation industry. But we are also interested in exploring other professions, as translators never know which subject area their next job will be in. There will certainly be an audience for your family members if they are happy to give us a brief summary of their professions or some highlights from their work (15 minutes or more)